Steps Spring Residents Can Take Now To Avoid Rodents Later
No one wants dirty and destructive rodents running around wreaking havoc inside their home. Just you being here right now proves that you hate the idea of rodents enough to take action to preemptively stop them. You’re in luck, that is exactly what we will be talking about today. If you are ready to defend your home against furry invaders, keep reading. Your answer is coming right up.
Problems Rodents Cause
It can be hard to think that a creature that people so often have as a pet could be a problem for homeowners. The simple truth is that when rodents are allowed to freely roam, they make "bad decisions." For one, they eat practically anything including garbage, dead animals, and decaying plant matter. These dietary choices can breed diseases within their systems which can be spread throughout your home and to you and your family.
Rodents are also destructive little pests, chewing through practically anything in their path. If a clump of wires, a wall, or a utility pipe stands between them and a place they want to be, they will chew right through it, not thinking for a second how it might hurt them or damage your home.
Sharing your home with rodents is never a pleasant experience.
Prevention Tips For Rodents
Here is where we get into the meat of this article and share the best ways you can keep rodents out of your Spring home. Consider implementing these steps to protect your home against rodents this fall and winter.
- Investigate your home’s foundation for cracks and gaps that could allow rodents entry into your home. Seal off these entry points using wire mesh and a caulking gun.
- Reduce potential food sources around your home. This can be done in a number of ways.
- Store leftover food inside plastic containers.
- Make sure trashcans are tightly sealed.
- Repackage cardboard and plastic bagged foods into larger plastic containers.
- Clean regularly, making your home clutter-free.
- Pick up pet food bowls once they are done with them.
- Eliminate moisture around your home. This too can be done in a number of ways.
- Fix leaky piping.
- Install dehumidifiers.
- Make sure your gutters are in good working order.
- Keep storage areas and your yard as clutter-free as possible. This will reduce the amount of places rodents will have to seek shelter and live on your property.
Why Kingston For Your Rodent Problems
As you are reading this, perhaps rodents have already gotten into the walls of your home and are causing trouble. We are here to help. Here at Kingston Pest Control, dealing with rodents is one of our many specialties. Using a combination of high tech traps and effective baits, we can get your home rodent-free in no time.
Are you curious about how our rodent control works or would you like to schedule your home for a service visit? Give us a call today. We would be happy to send a technician your way ASAP.